Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What's going on in Teri's world:
I want to thank all of you who wrote back or called to share your experiences of how you access the Divine. It generated lots of juicy and profound conversations. Lovely to be in the world with such myriad options of Divinity. Helps me stay connected and in touch to contemplate these things. I have also really been continuing to enjoy John Welwood's "Perfect Love Imperfect Relationships" book. I find I must read and re-read sections to stay present. I am focusing on un-shelding and un-armoring my heart (in the energectic Reichian and emotional sense). I am working this into my daily spiritual practice. It helps for me to do what I call roly poly Venus Yoga basically stretches and asanas in front of my Aphrodite statue and then one of Welwood's "presencing to love" exercises every morning. Welwood's website has a lot of great articles and I recommend them.

Those of us who have had perplexing expereinces of a incongruency in people who are spiritually adept but still somehow not whole might benefit from reading his article Embodying Your Realization : Psychological Work in the Service of Spiritual Development It introduces the concept of Spiritual Bypass, which I see as a spiritual development issue I frequently run into in the Seattle alternative communities.

I reviewed the Landmark Forum the first weekend of June and saw a big "racket" I was running. I was allowing myself to wallow in a story of being heartbroken so that my addict self could be justified in continuing to smoke cigarettes. Nothing about smoking works for me, especially as a cancer survivor. I started taking the non-smoking drug Chantix. I quit smoking Friday June 13th. It is going really well this time and I do not expereince any physical symptoms of craving nicotene, which is amazing. The key here will be my ability to stay open hearted and in love with life. I am using the Welwood exercises and my daily spiritual practice to keep an open access to the Divine.
I am going to do some breathwork sessions with Robyn Lynn of The Present Sense. She is an amazing practitioner who is also involved with both Landmark Education and an exciting social change experiment called "The Next Step Together". I'll talk about next step again in the future.

I have been blessed with several conversations with Andras Jones the creator of Radio 8 Ball http://www.radio8ball.com/ he introduced me to the Movie Black Snake Moan which. I had dismissed as potentially racist and sexist based on the trailers and cover of the DVD. I watched it found it to be quite profound about healing and sexuality and gender and the need for honor and foundational boundaries between men and daughters. I have a lot I want to communicate about this but it will have to wait until next time. I'll write again soon about the tantric implications of this movie and about my experiences with Jenny Block the author of “Open: Love, Sex and Life in an Open Marriage”.
What’s happening at the Apcademy of Aphrodisiacal Living this weekend and the rest of the summer?

So Luminara Serdar will be here this weekend and is offering her Neuro Modulation Technique sessions in my house on Friday 20th only. You'll be able to find her at The Fremont Solstice fair on Saturday and Sunday as she and Peter will be selling copper cobra aromatherapy dispensers there. Here's Luminara's message to you:

I will be in Seattle and doing healing treatments one day only, on Friday, June 20 using NeuroModulation Technique (NMT), an energetic modality which addresses the control systems of the body to effect immediate and durable changes with physical symptoms. To read more about NMT, please see my website at http://www.luminaraserdar.com/nmt.php. I will most likely have my amethyst Biomat to lay on during the treatments. This device emits negative ions and far infrared rays to help the body release toxins.

Sessions can be scheduled between 10am and 7pm by calling me directly at 
541.653.0446. 

My rate is $75/hour (normally $90, but discounted for this one day I am in town).

 A session can range anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, depending on what your body desires. We can set up the session with a time limit, or with a "body" limit, that is, we'll be done when your body feels it has had enough shift for that session.

Thank you for spreading the word, Teri!

 Blessings,
Luminara Serdar
 541.653.0446 
www.luminaraserdar.com

********

Monday June 23rd
Landmark Home Introduction for the Sex Positive Community
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm FREE!
 Seattle, WA 98115

Join Landmark Introduction leader and sex positive activist Teri Ciacchi 
in an evening of Transformation. You will have an opportunity to chose
 an area of your life where you are not experiencing yourself as
completely powerful and be guided through an exercise that allows you to 
create a new possibility for yourself and your life. Come see what all 
the buzz is about and hear what it is like to participate in the 
Landmark Forum. www.landmarkeducation.com

The Landmark Forum gives you a clear, practical and usable process to
 create breakthroughs in every area of your life, everyday. At this 
introduction you will be invited to register in the Landmark Forum,
which is a 3-day and an evening course designed to unlock the limitless
possibilities in our lives. The tuition is $495.00. The minimum deposit
for the landmark Forum is $100.00. Included in your tuition is a
ten-session seminar series where you will be coached in applying the
principles of the Landmark Forum in your life.
***********

Summer Academy of Aphrodisiacal Living Events:
(Detailed descriptions of these workshops available at

I will be traveling to Eugene Oregon to photo document the artist Judith Sparks work July 16-20th

I will be teaching Sexy Body Sexy Mind for women only with Robyn Lynn on Sat July 26th Noon-5pm $100 person

I will be Holding a Temple of the Open Heart Evening with Chris Poor on Saturday August 2nd 7-11pm $100 couple

I will have a birthday Celebration on Sunday August 3rd ( my B-day is the Friday 1st but Alicia Powers asked
me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding that night. Congrats Alicia & Dave!) late afternoon into evening we will enjoy
great food, singing, poetry and good company.

Clitoral Revelations at the Center for Sex Positive Culture on Sunday August 17th Noon-5pm $100 person

Attending & teaching at Paradise Unbound August 26th-Sept 1st
PARADISE IS COMING
Remember, the Center for Sex Positive Culture's yearly camp out is only 3 months away so get registered and save some money. If you've never been to Paradise Unbound, you are in for a treat. For seven days we feed you, educate you and entertain you and it's all just 25 minutes from Seattle, so if you don't want to camp out, you don't have to.

No comments: