Thursday, May 08, 2008

Harassment of the Kinky Carnival

Harassment

On Tuesday morning I called the Seattle North precinct Police Department to request that a report be taken for the following harassments: 1) various limousine and taxi cabs were called and reserved in my name and with my phone number, My count is that there were 9 of these reservations made. The first call I received from a limousine waiting outside my house to take me to the airport occurred on Monday may 5th at 6:15am PST, at the time I was with my mother at her eye doctor appointment in Cleveland Ohio 9:15am CST. The last call I received from a taxi service that was reserved by someone else in my name was on Tuesday morning around 9:30am. By this time I was apologizing and asking the taxi dispatcher for information about the person who had made the reservation. Susan Alhadeethy (a lovely helpful person who was sorry I had been harassed), of the Airport Limousine service (206) 551 9477 told me a woman using my name and phone number had placed the call. This kind of blew my theory as I was imaging that the person making the phone calls was the same guy that had started stalking my friend Rosemary just two days earlier.

The second form of harassment I experienced was also a fake identity over the phone situation but this one took more time and involved the use of Craig's list. I received a call from a man named Jay who said he was calling me because I had responded to his ad on Craig’s list. This man was kind enough to read the text of the email to me, it was " I need you, I want you , Call me right now!" with my name and phone number. I am grateful that this man was brave enough to talk with me for a moment. I explained that while the contact info was mine, I had not responded to his ad on Craig's list. I apologized for the inconvenience and wished him well. It was 11:20pm and I was at SeaTac airport I had just gotten off a delayed flight from Detroit, MI. Through out the day I had been receiving phone calls from blocked numbers and private numbers, I would say I received about 6 of these calls. When I answered the phone I said, Hello this is Teri Ciacchi can I help you and the person on the other end of the phone would hang up. I do not know it this is the same person or many people but I do think it possible that they could have been other people, like Jay , who had been given my information as If I were responding to a Casual encounters ad on Craig's list. Fits in with the stalker dude profile I think, I wonder if it's that guy?

The third form of harassment has been much more alarming as it intentionally incited fear and upset. People made calls and sent emails to the Caretakers of the Ballard Odd fellow’s hall complaining about the Kinky Carnival being held there and intentionally misrepresenting my work. Below is part of the text of an email send to the caretakers by a man claiming to be writing on behalf of himself and his wife. The email address given is: "Jim Stuart"
And this is the partial text that I am most concerned about:
" This woman, Teri Ciacchi openly advertises a sex business on the Internet (pretty stupid), seems to have a house of prostitution, but calls the staff "sacred intimates". Lt. Eric Sano, commander of the Seattle Police Department's vice unit has been aware of her operation for sometime and had already received numerous other complaints about this public sex event you are having May 10th. I think you will be getting some press on this that will not be favorable."

Now I immediately want to defend myself. And refute each part of these false accusations and I may do that here in my blog if I have time later today but I am pretty busy trying to get the Carnival together in the middle of all this harassment. Those of you who are familiar with my work as an internationally known sexologist and sex positive therapist and know how that differs from prostitution can immediately see why this type of harassment alarms me. I am going to file a second police report today based on the contents of this email ( which I received last night). I also now have a partial log of the phone calls that were made. It seems that people giving the following names called the caretakers on Monday afternoon May 6th, same day as I got the taxis and limos sent to my home: an alleged George Houser called on behalf of himself and his wife, an alleged Serene Jacobson called and then a woman calling herself both Mary Skyler and Mary Carter and giving the phone numbers 425-455-8820 and 206 555-9822 called the caretakers twice on Monday and again yesterday morning. She also placed a phone call to an officer of the Odd fellows Hall on Monday afternoon. In addition to making the accusations about me being a prostitute and running a show of live sex acts and besmirching the community of Ballard with my dangerous sexy self, these people claimed to have received a flyer sent to their homes. What I believed actually happened is that they found this blog and read it out loud to the caretakers as if it were something they had received in the mail. I have not seen an actual flyer and I did not mail anything to anyone’s home.

The callers have promised a protest and to call the police etc. ad finitim ad nauseum. I have called the police and called the reporters. The Caretakers of the Odd Fellows Hall have been informed not to take any more of these calls if possible. The Lodge master of the Odd Fellows hall has assured me they will not pull the event. The Grand Lodge master has issued a press release in support of my renting their venue. I am giving an interview on KIRO radio with Erin Covin this afternoon. I am going to stop typing this email in order to do a couples counseling session and then I will return to the work of generating the Kinky Carnival.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Teri, I am so proud of you! Thanks for sticking to your guns and being powerful in the face of ignorance and fear. This is exactly the reason you're doing the work that you are. love you!