Tuesday, November 07, 2006

How I manifested my trip to Amsterdam

Feel free to check out my website at www.terrafire.org

One of my new conversations in March 2006 became, " I am an international sexologist and I am going to teach in Amsterdam in November". At the time I did not know anyone who lived in Amsterdam. The only connection I had was an acquaintance named Ingrid who is Dutch and goes home every now and then. In July I received a phone call from a woman in charge of a Lesbian leather organization ( called the Wild Side ) in Amsterdam and she asked me to come and teach for them. How did I make this leap and cause my conversation to physically manifest? Through my originating circle and the network of conversations.

An originating circle is the circle of people who you come into contact with and have conversations with at least once a month. The network of conversations is the interconnected web of all originating circles. So while I may not be in conversation with my best friend's partner, that friend's partner influences me and I influence them through the fact that the best friend has conversation with both of us. My best friend and I are in each other's originating circles. My best friend's partner is in my secondary circle and on it goes ad finitum, ad nauseum. The network of conversations contains everything you may want or need. My network of conversations included people who live in Amsterdam and want to learn what I have to teach. While I did not know people directly, through conversation, I accessed people who knew people, who knew people in Amsterdam. Through interconnected originating circles, conversation created a connection. People in Amsterdam heard about my website and the classes I teach. My work was recommended and praised to them. They called me to see when and If I could teach for them.

What kind of conversation is required to achieve this kind of result? Generative conversation. Conversation that creates is made of declarations and definitions. This is different from story telling and representational speech. So a declaration is " I am an international sexologist and I am going to teach in Amsterdam in November". A story would be: "I've always wanted to go to Amsterdam but it costs to much and I really don't like planes, besides no one in Amsterdam knows about me so they won't be interested in my counseling and classes." In the story, I cannot have what I want and I am powerless. In the declaration I am what I want. In the declaration, I am being what I want to have.

At this time next week ( literally 7 days from now at 10:50pm) I am going to be in a plane headed to Amsterdam. I am taking one of my best friends "Jimbo", Jim Barker with me. We are going to have a kick ass marvelous time. I will attend the Wisdom Weekend #5 which will be a repeat of the weekend I am doing here in Seattle on Nov 10-12th. I will be teaching my "Sexy Body! Sexy Mind! class to the leather dykes of Wild Side at the gay and lesbian center of Amsterdam.
This happened because I decided to share a declarative conversation with everyone I spoke to at least once a month. I found out that many of the people I know had been to or lived in or knew someone who lived in Amsterdam. It really is a small intensely interconnected world. If you want something, talk about it as if you already have it. Believe in your power to obtain it and it is yours.

I have learned an immense amount of useful skills and techniques while taking the Landmark Wisdom Course. I registered for this course last November 15th. The first of 5 weekend intensives was March 18th. The last is this weekend November 10-12th. My life has dramatically improved because of this course. One of the most helpful and trans formative distinctions I have learned from Wisdom is the power of conversations. Oh you may be wondering "What is Landmark?" www.landmarkeducation.com

Landmark education is a personal growth and training organization. I took my 1st weekend intensive with them, known as The Forum the last weekend of July 2005. I took the 2nd intensive The Advance Course, last December. On Halloween weekend 2005 I went with my dear friend Allena Gabosch ( who got me into Landmark in the first place ) to a social event called The Wisdom Course Social. What happened that night and how I ended up in the Wisdom Course is another story, which I will hopefully get around to telling you later. Wisdom is a separate but related division of Landmark. Anyone who would like to join me this Saturday Nov. 11th at the Landmark education center on 35th and Phinney Ave. in Fremont is welcome. We will be having a conversation from 6-8pm about acknowledgement and appreciation. We will sit in small groups of 6 people and ask and answer questions. THe first question is "Who do you say that I am?" Then from 8-? ( usually about 10pm) The social gathering is called the World Wisdom Festival. This event was my idea. Each Wisdom social group ( there are about 8). will have their own booth where people can have an experience that focuses on Art, Spirit and Community. I will be helping people disappear conversations by writing what they no longer wish to say on a piece of flashpaper and burning it. Then I will sit with people and give them a "rock of Being" to remind them to breathe, stay in their body and "be". this is the whole be a human being not a human doing concept. This is going to be fun. Feel free to show up call me if you need more information.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

You rock!

And also, you so should have a blog!

You live such an amazing, f***ing majical life, you are an inspiration to us all. Am most keen to hear of your forthcoming adventures and will definitely be checking in on your blog!

Say hi to Europe for me,

Cathy

Anonymous said...

Awesome Terri. You are an inspiration. Way to crate your awesome fucking life!
Ki