Thursday, November 16, 2006

Live from a houseboat in Oud Zuid

Okay, well despite my anxiety about flying in a plane for 9 1/2 hours, we made it here alive!
Euros are much more colorful than dollars. Right now a dollar is worth 78 cents. Our houseboat rental is the bottom floor and middle floor living room of a much bigger home. It is lovely and the doors from the living room are loovered ( sp??) so that you turn a handle and the top of the door swings out like the long narrow window on Seattle's public buses. Then you turn the handle again and it opens up on all 4 sides but is in a track and slides to the left. Very ingenious and very smooth. I love it. There are odd little greebs ( like ducks) or some similar water birds who are all black except for a beak with a shock of white on a startling red flat bill. Quite odd looking like a little cartoon. They are noisy and a bit demanding. seems they are used to being fed. It is very flat here and none of the buildings (so far) are taller than 10 stories. I like this horizontal leveling. We are in the Oud Zuid, or OLD South section of town to the lower left ( South West) of the center of the city. Jimbo and I are both a bit cranky from lack of sleep and close quarters on the plane. We have taken showers and have decided that rather than sleep, we will go out on the town. We will go to Central Station on a tram and then to the Joordan to visit the Pink Zone and the Homomonument. Yippee! They are right next to the Anne Frank house. I do not know if I can handle that emotionally today but we will see. Well. I will write more later tonight.
Love, Teri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear .. Micha here ..
u are having one hell of a good time.. love your blobs...

no i do not want skin or hashish,, but do send me lots of nawty postcards . love them.

if you send me a few bulbs i will plant them here in Vermont. in my triangle Venus flower garden.
love Micha

My Mother grew up in Europe. I have not been there since 1973!

I plan on going to Spain next year.
get some sleep girlfriend.
love You always .. kiss kiss,,,

Unknown said...

hi
it is Micha !!!!

you sound like u are having a blast !! , but get some sleep..

the little ducks sound so cute..

No, I do not want flesh or hashish form there,, but I would love some nawty postcards.. love those..

if u send me bulbs I will plant them here in Vermont in my triangle Venus flower garden..

love your blogs , so fun and funny

have fun for me by the sea...

love ,, kiss kiss

Micha