Monday, November 20, 2006

Jim's hangover, Searching the Joordan for House of Heads and Fotographic

A Slow Start
Well, the day started off slow as I was up and ready to go around 10:30
but Jim had a hangover. I knew I could leave without him but I would not be able to communicate with him ( damn cel phone doesn't work!), and I so enjoy his company. So I stayed. I researched my travel books. I wrote more postcards.
I made detailed plans for what to do with our day while Jim recovered

Joordan shopping and strolling
I wanted to go to the one and only woman owned sex toy store that I knew of.Walking walking walking, and then we get to Female & Partners sex toy store. It is a lot smaller than i thought. It is smaller than my studio apartment! Lots of great fetish clothing I mean stuff that could be on a Sci-Fi movie set! The sex toys were scant really and the floggers and bondage gear were mostly for show. Once again I realize how fortunate we are in Seattle to have Babeland and all the independent artists who make sex toys, bondage equiptment and floggers and sell them at the S.P.C.C. Vendor Fairs. I am so spoiled!

Mistaken shop identity
We head off toward what I think is Fotographic because I want to find some photography for David. So we stroll a long way on many little cobblestone streets. Jim has used my marks in the Lonely Planet book to navigate and 45 min later we arrive at a very closed NationalPhotographic Museum. Oops! I look and see that the store I want, Fotographic, is not even open on Mondays.
We stop at Tulip Museum and get some bulbs for Priya. We stop for some tea, hot chocolate and appletarte (pie with whip cream!)in a pub. We take lots and lots of pictures. I stop in at the Jose art gallery, wonderful art!

We wander around stumbling on cobblestone and looking at canals

From Amsterdam

From Amsterdam

From Amsterdam



We look for the House of heads in the rain and get cranky. We find it! The heads are Demeter, Apollo, Artemis,Dionysus, Athena and Hermes
From Amsterdam

From Amsterdam


Tourists again
Got more postcards, ( did I mention I am sending a total of 74?), looked for chocolate at the very fancy and intimidating Department Store ( begins with a B). I wanted to get a chocolate letter for all of my dear ones. Jim got more info from the lady at the chocolate counter about Sinter Klaus. When we asked "why do you eat candy in the shapes of pigs rats and frogs?" She did not know. So far no one seems to know. The pig is made of Marzipan and is eaten over time slowly. The Chocolate letters are to put in the children's shoes by the hearth.

At my insistence ( my knees really hurt) we got on an incredibly crowded #2Tram. Jim engages a lovely German named Felix in a 30 min conversation about languages. We get off the tram at "Hoofen whatever "and buy food from an Indonesian deli.

A healing from Marion
Get home to the houseboat where we are meeting a lovely lesbian named Marion. I met her at my class on Saturday and during our talks at the pub I found out that she does Alphawave healings. I listened to music and she talked to me and helped me do visualizations. i specifically worked on some of the sources of my PTSD ( remember when I got stoned how I was aware of being anxious). I felt a lot better after the treatment.

Jim and I think we are going to go out to the Melkweg (Milky Way) but I start writing postcards and he starts putting his photos on the computer and the next thing you know it is 2am and I am writing this blog. Going to sleep now. Oh yes, I Finished writing all 74 postcards. Yippee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teri-
Just found the blogg yesterday and am loving it!

Joan of Columbia (Ashland actually)